Friday, February 24, 2012

Fun with Kids! Playhouse for Z

I'm back! After Thanksgiving things got crazy busy around here, and I just couldn't post. But I made a bunch of things that I'm excited to share with you, and here is the first: a playhouse for Zoe!

This was Zoe's 2nd Birthday present. She loves to crawl into and under places with her books (boxes, laundry baskets, tables, beds...) so I thought I'd give her a safe, cozy place of her own to "read" and play. After scouring the internet and Pinterest (love! love!) I found this playhouse and this PVC fort frame. We ended up modifying the PVC fort frame to make it a better size for Z (3 1/2 feet wide by 5 12 feet tall.)

Making the sides 42 inches also meant that I could just use the width of the fabric for each side - no piecing - yay! I used duck instead of cotton weight so it would (hopefully) hold up better.

The windows are reinforced with another layer of fabric, an overlock stitch and ribbon trim - hoping they'll stand up to lots of peeking!

There's a flap with a slot underneath for postal deliveries...

And just the right amount of room inside to stretch out and relax!

Now the older boys are asking for one their size...


  1. omg! no way this is awesome! how do i get! these are the times i hate myself for not knowing how to sew

  2. This comment has been removed by the author.